The grower-members who make up the National Corn Growers Association (NCGA) are committed to broadening educational opportunities and open doors to students who are passionate to serve rural America and keep their family farms thriving.
- Applicant must be entering at least his/her second undergraduate year at an accredited college or university.
- Applicant must be an NCGA member or the child of an NCGA member.
- Employees and the families of employees of NCGA or any division of BASF or their subsidiaries are not eligible for the scholarship.
- A completed application must be submitted by January 31, 2022 by 11:59 p.m. Central Time.
- Scholarships are for one year. Previous recipients may not apply.
The National Corn Growers Association and BASF Corporation will award five $1,500 scholarships to undergraduate students pursuing a degree in any field.
In 2023 NCGA and 8 state partners launched a Consolidated Scholarship Application. Please click the button above to apply for the NCGA William C. Berg Academic Excellence Scholarship for the Fall 2023 semester. Below are the specific requirements for the NCGA William C. Berg Academic Excellence Scholarship:
- A completed online application
- Current resume
- Current transcript
- One letter of recommendation
- The letter must be from a non-famly member and should be from a faculty member, staff member of your educational institution, or mentor
- One completed Essay Question:
- What are the three most significant challenges facing agriculture today? How would you address these challenges? (500 words)
If you have any questions regarding the scholarship program or the application process please email firstname.lastname@example.org