AT&T / The NETwork BICP - Lewis Latimer Scholarship is directed towards candidates in the targeted STEAM fields at a UNCF Member Institution or any accredited four-year college or university during the 2023-24 year. The NETwork BICP developed this scholarship to honor Lewis Latimer, who was one of the first influential African American inventors within the United States of America.
The NETwork BICP is a group of black professionals within the communication industry, who are interested in supporting graduating high school seniors (Class of 2023) and college freshmen, sophomores, or juniors with their financial assistance during the 2023-24 academic year.
This program seeks to encourage students to pursue a career within one of the STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math) related disciplines) fields. The selected recipients will receive a one-time need-based award up to $2,500.
Eligibility and Documents
- U.S. Citizen
- U.S. national or permanent resident
- College Freshman
- College Sophomore
- College Junior
- High School Senior
- Architecture and Related Services
- Agriculture, Agriculture Operations, and Related Sciences
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Computer and Information Sciences and Support Services
- Engineering Technologies and Engineering-Related Fields
- Health Professions and Related Clinical Sciences
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Physical Sciences
- Visual and Performing Arts