DEADLINE: July 1, 2022, 11:59 pm EDT
SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE: A $5,000 Dr. Greg Bossart Memorial Scholarship is available to a graduate student in wildlife biology, epidemiology, veterinary, medical, public health, basic or social sciences or other post-graduate program focusing on the interconnection between people, animals, plants, and their shared environment using a One Health framework. The next cycle of applications will be announced spring 2022.
- Applicant must be a student, anywhere in the world, currently registered in a post-graduate program (toward MSc, PhD, DVM, MPH, MD, or equivalent, clinical or research degrees) and working on a project that encompasses the One Health model and/or addresses a One Health topic.
- Funds can be used to support research or educational costs (tuition, fieldwork supplies, analytical costs, conference travel, etc.) and should be outlined in the application materials.
- If international electronic transfer of funds is required, expenses incurred in that transfer will be deducted from the total award amount.
- A Project Narrative (not to exceed 1500 words) that includes: Abstract, Background / Introduction, Project Goals, Methods, Importance/Contribution, How the proposed work fits within the One
- Health framework, Use of funds. List of References not included in the 1500 word count.
- A current CV.
- A letter from the graduate program that the student has been accepted into or is enrolled in demonstrating their good standing
- One letter of recommendation from a faculty member or clinician who is familiar with the student’s work.
Only applications submitted in English as a single (merged) pdf will be considered.
Application packet must be submitted electronically by July 1, 2022, 11:59 pm EDT to: BossartScholarship@onehealthcommission.org
- Scientific merit and overall significance
- Likelihood of achieving goals
- One Health approach
- Quality and clarity of proposal
Note: This scholarship award goes directly to the student and not via his/her University.
Additional details associated to the Recognition and Reporting of the scholarship here.