Academic Programs International (API) is proud to provide a diversity scholarship in order to support participants on our programs who hail from a variety of backgrounds. The API Diversity Scholarship award is up to $2,000 and is available for academic year, quarter/semester, or summer students.
- a minority student
- a student with a disability
- a member of the LGBTQ+ community
- a U.S. military veteran
- and/or a non-traditional student (30 years old or older).
Applications must also meet these category requirements:
- API Community or Technical College Scholarship – Applicant must be currently enrolled at a U.S. community or technical college.
- API Diversity Scholarship – Applicant must be one or more of the following: U.S. military veteran, a non-traditional student (30 years old or older), a student with a disability, a minority student, and/or a LGBTQ student.
- API First Generation Scholarship - Applicants who do not have a parent or guardian who attained a four-year degree from a US institution or students with parents who completed a four-year degree at an institution outside the U.S.
- API-JCU Diversity Scholarship – Applicant must be accepted to API’s Direct Enrollment Program at John Cabot University in Rome and identify as black/African-American, Hispanic/Latino, Asian/Asian-American, or Native American.
- API STEM Scholarship – Applicant must be majoring in an area classified as a STEM field (science, technology, engineering, or mathematics)
- API Student Athlete Scholarship – Applicant must be a student athlete participating in college athletics (both current and college-bound athletes across all divisions of the NCAA, NAIA, and NJCAA to apply.
- API-JCU Diversity Scholarship - Applicants must be planning to apply for API’s Direct Enrollment Program at John Cabot University in Rome and identify as black/African-American, Hispanic/Latino, Asian/Asian-American, or Native American.
- API Photo or Video Scholarship - Applicants should be film, photography, animation, motion graphics, majors and/or be able to demonstrate their expertise in photography and videography.
- API High School Scholarship - Applicants must participate in either our high school summer or gap programs.
- API Benjamin A. Gilman Scholarships - Applicants who have been awarded a Gilman scholarship will be eligible to receive up to $1,000 in matching contributions from API for a study abroad program, or up to $500 in matching contributions from API for an intern abroad program.
Applications must also meet the following:
- Scholarships only apply towards qualifying API programs.
- Students must demonstrate financial need.
- Students may apply for any scholarship for which they qualify.
- Students may apply for more than one scholarship, but might not win multiple.
- Students must submit one application per scholarship for which they wish to be considered.
- Short Essay #1: Write a personal essay (1 page maximum) highlighting your financial circumstances. It is important that you clearly state your financial need or any special circumstances of which you would like API to be aware.
- Short Essay #2: Write an essay that corresponds to the scholarship(s) you are applying for according to the categories listed above.
- Complete and submit the form below by these deadlines by program session:
- Spring Semester/Spring Quarter/Winter Quarter Students: September 15