DEADLINE: January 9, 2019
SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE: $40,000
The Ron Brown Scholarship honors the legacy of Ronald H. Brown through a selective scholarship program that advances higher education for community-minded and intellectually gifted African Americans. RBSP competitively awards Ron Brown Scholars four-year $40,000 scholarships ($10,000 each year) to the most talented and economically-challenged high school seniors who demonstrate a keen interest in public service, community engagement, business entrepreneurship and global citizenship – the four pillars of the late Ronald H. Brown’s mission to uplift people of all races, cultures and ethnicities – especially our disadvantaged youth.
Recipients may use the renewable scholarships to attend an accredited four-year college or university of their choice within the United States. Ron Brown scholarships are not limited to any specific field or career objective and may be used to pursue any academic discipline. Since the Program’s inception in 1996, more than 300 students have been designated as Ron Brown Scholars.
Applicants for the Ron Brown Scholarship MUST be graduating high school seniors at the time of their application. For more on scholarship conditions click here: Ron Brown Scholarship Conditions. The final application deadline is January 9th each year.
● Scholarships are for four years, ($10,000 per year).
● Recipients may use the renewable scholarships to attend an accredited four-year college or university of their choice within the United States
● Ron Brown scholarships are not limited to any specific field or career objective and may be used to pursue any academic discipline.
● Winners will be notified on April 1,2019
Application Requirements● Must be Black/African American.
● Must excel academically
● Must exhibit exceptional leadership potential.
● Must participate in community service activities.
● Demonstrate financial need.
● Be a US citizen or hold a permanent resident visa card.
● Be a current high school senior at the time of your application.
NOTE: Current college students are not eligible to apply.
- August – January: Interested applicants can begin to complete and submit the RBSP scholarship application.
- November 1: Early Applicant Deadline: Interested applicants who complete their applications by November 1st will be considered for the Ron Brown Scholar Program and will be eligible to have their contact information forwarded to a select number of additional colleges and scholarship providers. Students who apply under this deadline must make the appropriate designation on their application. Applicants are still responsible for submitting materials to any colleges, universities and scholarship programs for which they are interested.
CLICK FOR ATTACHED Application - https://www.ronbrown.org/section/apply/rbsp-application
LINK TO HOMEPAGE - https://www.ronbrown.org/