DEADLINE: April 30, 2018
SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE: $90,000
if you have a passion for storytelling and want to promote positivity in African-American communities then, you have a chance to display it through this NNPA Fellowship. The fellowship is sponsored by the National Newspaper Publisher Association in partnership with Chevrolet. To be eligible, you must be between 18 years old (19 if residing in Alabama) and 22 and enrolled in a Historically Black College & University (HBCU) by the application deadline.
- Award Amount: $90, 000
- Deadline: April 30, 2018
- Winner Announcement: May 4, 2018
Canadians and other foreign nationals are eligible to apply:
- Applicant must be between 18 years old (19 if residing in Alabama) and 22 and enrolled in a Historically Black College & University by the application deadline.
- US citizen and other foreign nationals are eligible to apply.
- To be applying, applicants must create a video. Your video submission is you opportuity to tell us who you are and express your creativity. Here are some suggestions:
- 1. Describe your passion for journalism and storytelling.
- 2. What are your top 3 skills that you would bring to the DTU Fellowship Road Trip Program?
- 3. Why do you want to be a DTU Fellow?
- Submit a resume, not to exceed one page, including:
- College/ University academic major and minor, date or expected date of graduation
- Current GPA (grade point average)
- Permanent and school address, email and mobile number
- Work experience
- Special skills
- Links to writing and work samples and social media addresses
- Reference from you college professor or adviser (name, phone, and email address)
- Writing Sample
- Six HBCU students will be selected as DTU 2018 Fellows and each will receive a $10,000 scholarship and a $5,000 stipend.
- Each 3-person team will be provided with the use of an all-new 2018 Chevrolet Equinox for the duration of the DTU road trip
- Over the course of 8- weeks, each team will travel to two different cities where they will work for two NNPA newspapers.
CLICK FOR ATTACHED Application- http://www.nnpa.org/dtu/online-application/
LINK TO HOMEPAGE- https://www.developingcareer.com/nnpa-fellowship/?ar=1